How to arrive at Bilbao
Bilbao is the most well connected city in the north of Spain. Bilbao Airport is the most important airport in the area, and there are direct flights to main cities in Spain and also many in Europe. Important companies such as Iberia, Lufthansa, Air France or British Airways run frequent flights to and from Bilbao, any part of the world is reachable by plane from Bilbao. There are also some low cost airlines, such as Easy Jet or Ryan Air.
The airport is only 15 Km from Bilbao city centre or 25 km from EIDE. It takes only 10 minutes by car to Bilbao or 20 to EIDE by car. There is a bus that goes every 30 minutes from Bilbao city centre, and taxis that cost between €20 and €40.
Another good option is Santander airport, about 90 km away and very well connected by bus with Bilbao. Ryan Air operates from this airport.
Companies Operating From Bilbao: Aer Lingus, Air Berlin, Air Europa, Air France, Air Nostrum, Brussels Airlines, Easyjet, Easyjet Switzerland, Germanwings, Iberia, Lufthansa, Orbest, Ryanair, Smartwings, Swiftair, TAP Portugal, Tunisair, Turkish Airlines, Volotea, Vueling Airlines.
European cities connected by direct flights with Bilbao: Brussels, Dusseldorf, Istambul, Frankfurt, Geneva, Lisbon, London, Manchester, Munich, Paris, Stuttgart.
Spanish cities connected by direct flights with Bilbao: Alicante, Barcelona, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Málaga, Santiago, Sevilla, Tenerife, Valencia, Vigo.
From the airport to Bilbao city centre:
- Taxi costs €20-€25 and takes about 10 minutes. There are plenty of taxis and hardly any queues.
- Buses leave every 30 minutes from the airport to Bilbao. Tickets costs €1,35.
From the airport to EIDE (Santurtzi):
- Taxis cost €30-€35 and take about 20 minutes. There are plenty of taxis and hardly any queues.
- Buses leave every 30 minutes from the airport to Bilbao Temibus (Bus station). Tickets cost €1,35. From Termibus, there is train or metro to Santurce. Train tickets cost less than €2 and the journey takes 15 minutes. Metro is more frequent, trip last 25 minutes and ticket costs €1,60.
Companies opperating from Santander: Iberia and Ryan Air.
Cities connected by direct flights with Santander: Alicante, Bruselas, Dublín, Frankfurt, Gran Canaria, Londres, Madrid, Málaga, Milán, París, Pisa, Reus, Roma, Sevilla, Tenerife.
From Santander Airport to Bilbao:
- There are 5 buses every day from Santander airport to Bilbao with alsa. Bus stops at Bilbao Termibus (Bilbao Bus Station).
From Santander Airport to EIDE:
- There is a direct bus every day from Santander airport to Santurtzi, where EIDE is located.
- Another option is to take the bus from Santander airport to Bilbao Termibus (Bus Station) and take the metro or train from Bilbao Termibus to Santurtzi. Train tickets cost less than €2 and the trip lasts 15 minutes. Metro is more frequent, though the trip lasts 25 minutes. Tickets are priced at €1,60.