Spanish & Cooking
Students studying a Spanish Course at EIDE have the opportunity to attend a cooking course at EIDE Cooking School, where professional cooks have received their training since 1989. Students will learn to prepare the most typical dishes, tapas and pintxos (Basque tapas) of the both worldwide famous Spanish and Basque Cuisine.
The course takes place at the professional kitchen at EIDE and it is held by our own cooking teachers, who have 10 to 20 years experience both as cooks and cooking teachers. The philosophy of our cooking courses is the same as that of all our courses: professional teaching and personal attention.
Cooking Course Programme
- Day 1 – First & Main Course: Fideua and Hake in Garlic & Parsley Sauce.
- Day 2 – Pintxos day: Potato Omelette, Toast with Mushrooms and Octupus & Black Pudding with Grilled Goat Cheese and Honey Vinagrette
- Day 3 – First & Main Course: Pisto with Cod (type of Ratatouille) & Chicken Chilindron Style
- Day 4 – Deserts: Rosquillas (Spanish Donuts) & Buñuelos (Spanish Fried Vol-au-Vent)
- Day 1 – First & Main Course: Gazpacho & Pork Sirloin with Idiazabal (Basque Smoked Cheese) Sauce
- Day 2 – Pintxos day: Spanish Ham Croquettes, Black Puding & Pepper Omelette, Toast with Iberian Ham & Boletus
- Day 3 – First & Main Course: Marmitako (Potato and Tuna Fish Basque Dish) & Baby Cuttlefish in Black Sace (Typical Basque Dish)
- Day 4 – Deserts: Churros & Crema Catalana (Creme Brulee)
- Day 1 – First & Main Course: Paella & Bacalao al Pil Pil (Typical Basque – Cod in a garlic and olive oil sauce)
- Day 2 – Pintxos day: Olives Filled with Anchovies, Red Pepper and Fresh Cheese; Iberian Ham with Red Pepper and Goat Cheese & Mushrooms filled with Cheese, Fried Ham and Ali-Oli Sauce.
- Day 3 – First & Main Course: Salad Catalana & Lamb Caldereta (type of casserole)
- Day 4 – Deserts: Rice Cake & Goxua (Basque Custard)
- Day 1 – First & Main Course: Ajo Blanco (Cold Almond & Garlic Soup) & Sea Bass with Crunchy Ham and Prawn
- Day 2 – Pintxos day: Sweet Potato Chips with Brava Sauce, Filled Mussels, Pituseta (quail eggs with courgette)
- Day 3 – First & Main Course: Beans and Clams Casserole & Hake in Mushroom and White Wine Sauce
- Day 4 – Deserts: Rice Milk & Torrijas (Fried Bread Pudding) ,
Courses are held in July. Students can register for 1 to 4 weeks. The programme for each week is different from the others.