Spanish & Surfing
The Basque country has a lot of ideal beaches with perfect waves not only to learn to surf but also for professional people in this sport. Thanks to that, it is known that the Basque coast is one of the most desired places by surfers from all over the world.
The programme includes Intensive Spanish Courses with native teachers at EIDE in the mornings and surfing courses in the afternoons or weekends.
There are 2 types of surfing programmes:
- Surfing course in La Arena Beach for Beginners. This course is perfect for beginners, but it is also suitable for those with previous experience in surfing. It includes one-week surfing course, 2 hours per day. The beach is reachable by bus. Bus stops next to the school.
- Surfing course in Sopealana or Plencia Beach for Beginners and Experienced People. Perfect course both for beginners and people with previous experience in surfing. We propose 3, 4 or 5 lessons per week, but students can choose different combination. Students have a 20-minute walk or 5-minutes bus drive to Portugalete, where they cross the bridge to Las Arenas. The surfing school drives the students
- 1-week surfing course in La Arena Beach: 120 €
- 1 surfing lesson in Sopelana or Plencia Beach: 50 €
- Surfing insurance: aprox. 15 € (Compulsory, if students do not have a surfing insurance – EIDE can manage the surfing insurance